Monday, July 20, 2009

Get Paid to Blog?

On a completely irrelevent sidenote (sorry!) I wanted to discuss the question on getting paid to blog. Does it work? I'm not talking about what my experiment is trying to accomplish here. I'm talking about the very ads that are placed on my blog, even I clicked them and it got me to thinking. Besides the ads on my blog, are there other ways to make money of my blog and my ever so apparent blogging expertise? Now usually I'm not such a sucker for website ads, but I've heard so much about making money off blogs that I thought there must be legit websites out there.

So far, the sites that I have read about and taken a look at have been

1) PayPerPost
2) ReviewMe
3) SponsoredReviews
4) FreeLance Home Writers

The top two, according to popular demand seem to be PayPerPost and ReviewMe. SponsoredReview also seems like a good choice, but it does not have quite as high of a success rate. FreeLance Home Writers is a different service where they actually pay you (larger amounts of money) to write articles, and there is a start up cost. I personally don't work with companies that require a start up fee, but I have heard some good things from a few people (mainly journalists and other writers).

Does anyone else have any personal experience with any of these sites? I would be very interested to hear the opinions of others because my blog is just a baby blog and does not qualify yet. When it does, I fully intend to test a couple of these sites but I would really like to hear back from people who have had some success or have had failures dealing with Paid to Blog sites.

1 comment:

  1. So far I'm only on PayPerPost and my blog is only about 4 months old so I don't have that much traffic to my site either. However, I can say that the site is legit and I do receive offers from adviretisement companies, but the offers are usually only for about $5. I have a friend that uses FreeLanceWriters; he puts a lot of work into it but manages to make a decent amount of money. Not for me though, I enjoy writing about topics I want to write about, not what companies want me to write about. But anyways, keep on posting and I think you will develop a rather successful blog.

    ReplyDelete

Join the Discussion

More Blog Resources From BlogExperiment101